Archive for April 2011
A home or a business establishment will not be complete without the presence of construction and building materials. From the planning and the foundation to the construction of a structure itself, these materials are always necessary.
The most common construction and building materials include plywood and cement. Plywood is a layered board that is produced by gluing and compressing thin layers of wood together. Each layer’s grain is attached at right angles to the next layer. Cement, on the other hand is made out of fine gray powder usually mixed with sand and water to make concrete. Aside from these two, there are other products under this industrial product category.
Bricks and tiles
Bricks are rectangular blocks of clay and other similar materials baked until it is hard. This is often used in walls of houses and other large permanent structures. Whereas, tiles are essential coverings not only for floors but for roofs and walls as well. It is a thin piece of flat or curved material baked and glazed to perfection. It makes use of clay or other synthetic materials to come up with the desired output.
There are different bricks and tiles that every homebuilder may enjoy. The common materials include porcelain, igneous rock and stone. These are applied in kitchen, bathroom and living room floors, walls and ceilings.
Paint and surface coatings
These are often referred to as finishing touches of a structure. It can be applied from the roof to the floors and from the walls, to windows and doors. Paint is that colored liquid applied to a surface either for protective or decorative purposes. Just like facial makeup, it makes every edifice or building more attractive to owners and passers-by.
Paints and surface coatings are further classified into semi-gloss latex coating and high-temperature coating. They may be applied with the use of a paint brush or a spray. Anti-mildew coatings are also favored in home improvements and business constructions.
Other construction and building materials
Products are offered depending on the specific purposes they render. There are building materials, construction machinery and equipment and decorations of construction. Other construction and building materials include ceiling and floor items, hardware accessories, heat-barrier materials, wall coverings, toilet partition and accessories and bathroom sanitary equipment materials.
For more complicated work, construction machinery and equipment like boring machines, stone crushing machinery and concrete equipment are used. For decoration, people may also look for doors and window panels, lightings and kitchen systems as well as furniture slides, automatic doors and blinds.
Chemical Industry is one of the fastest growing Industries globally. Demand in different segments of chemical Industry like pharmaceuticals, Inorganic Chemicals, Organic Chemicals, Fine and specialties, Bulk Drugs, Agrochemicals, and Paints and Dyes are also increasing rapidly. Industry players are following state of the art techniques and extensive research and development policies to fulfill this increasing demand for chemical.
Chemical Industry and India
India was importing chemicals during early 1990s, but now India has become a net exporter of chemicals because of implementation of several large scale petrochemical plants, and tremendous growth of exports in sectors like bulk drugs and pharmaceuticals, pesticides, and dyes and intermediates.
Currently India is a strong player in chemicals export. Following are some facts related to Chemical Industry in India (Analysis based on Year 2005):
- 13% of total export
- 13% of total industrial output and 7% of GDP
- 10%-12% growth rate annually
- 2% of global chemical industry
- Indian pharmaceuticals industry ranks 4th in volume and 13th in terms of value in world
- 2nd largest producer of agrochemicals in Asia
Factors Affecting Indian Chemical Industry
There are few factors resulting growth of Indian Chemical Industry. Some important factors are as following:
- Friendly Government Policies: In recent years government policies have become more and more industry friendly, following the similar global industry friendly trend. Government is eager to provide land and basic infrastructure for new industry establishments, because industries are powerful elements in contributing rapid growth of development.
- Increasing Demand: There is increase in demand of chemicals globally, be it pharmaceutical, agrochemicals, adhesives, fertilizers, or other chemicals. So industry players are trying to increase their current production to match increasing demand.
- Technology factors: The change in technology is also a factor in development of chemical industry. Newer machinery, better technology, and research are major cause behind growth rate of this industry.
- Involvement of major players: Involvement of major industry players in chemical industry, as well as acquisition of overseas companies by Indian Giants led strong worldwide reputation of Indian chemical manufacturers.
- Presence of raw materials: India is rich in minerals and other raw materials required in production of chemicals that decreases input capital required and increases overall revenues of manufacturers.